1. Welcome and Membership Drive
2. Honorary membership presentations
3. Keynote speakers– Election winners will speak on the future of the City
- Mayor and 2 City Commissioners (3 mins. each) + questions
4. Updates – Roberta Moore, Director, Community Development Services (8-10 minutes)
- Status of development projects: Metropolitan, Dixie Hway business, etc.
- New proposed developments
- BID – Wilton Drive
- All Aboard Florida Train Issues
- Status of Wal-Mart
5. Updates – Leigh Ann Henderson, Asst. City Manger (5-7 minutes)
- City survey
- MPO Grants – what can CANA do to help raise scoring points
- New Businesses coming to Wilton Manors
- Dixie Highway renovation
6. Police (10 minutes)
- Crime update and trends / police coverage
- Code Enforcement Department Reorganization and proactive plans
- New Ordinance on solicitation, canvasser, peddlers….(panhandlers)
7. Beautification Projects Presentations:
- Clean the Drive – Thomas Alford (2 minutes)
8. Other CANA business and Treasurer Report
9. Next Meetings: February 4, April 15, July 15 and October 21, 2015
CANA CAN do!
CANA is offering a membership special to CURRENT and NEW voting members!!
Its as easy as:
- A current voting member brings in a new member
- The new member joins and pays the dues
- Current member receives $5 off next renewal membership and the new member receives $5 off their new membership.
Voting membership dues are $25 per year and can only be paid by check or in cash at this time. Membership is open to all residents who live in the Central Area. Membership applications and sign up will be available at the November 12 meeting.
You can also download a membership application by clicking on “Our Membership Form” on the left and bring it to the meeting.
This offer expires on March 31, 2015.
Our next meeting is Nov. 12, 2014 @ 7pm @ Hagen Park – parking is free.
CANA CAN do!
CANA’s Corner: A message from the President…
The Central Area Neighborhood Association (CANA) provides a forum and community voice for area residents to meet, discuss and solve issues that impact the well being of area neighbors.