CANA - Who We Are ...
|The Central Area Neighborhood Association of Wilton Manors, Inc. is registered as a Florida not for profit organization and exists for the purpose of providing a forum for the residents of the central area of Wilton Manors to meet, discuss and solve issues that impact the well-being of the neighborhoods within these boundaries.
These issues include, but are not limited to, zoning, city ordinances, crime, traffic patterns, beautification, special events and the overall welfare of the neighborhood residents.
Manor Market and other businesses along Wilton Drive in Wilton Manors (Colohatchee).
Taken about 1946, the year before Wilton Manors was incorporated.
Photo courtesy WMHS Collection
A Message from the Central Area Neighborhood
The Heart Of Wilton Manors Beats Here...
Happy Birthday CANA – 10 Years Old1. Commissioner Scott Newton (Impact of Development on Neighborhoods)
GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING – May 10, 2017@ 7 PM @ Hagen Park
2. Police Department Updates
3. ICPP Parking Lot & Site 92 & City Canoe Race – Leisure Services
4. Presentations/Updates - Proposed Development in Central Area
- Hammerhead Aquatics – old Goodwill site – John Grzeszcak, Paul Kissenger
- Shoppes of Wilton Manors – Pending confirmation
- Villas on the Drive – Pending confirmation
- Town House NE 21 st Ct, NE 3 rd Ave - Update
- Town House 549 NE 21 st Ct - Update
5. City Issues
- Andrews Ave / Oakland Park Blvd Corridor Study – City seeks input
- Wilton Drive Update – March 30 presentation – Construction 2018
6. Upcoming Events
- Traffic Light NE 20 th @ Wilton Drive
- Local Block party in CANA area - TBA
- Volunteer Opportunities
www.canawm.org ---- firstname.lastname@example.org
P.O. Box 70045 ♦ Fort Lauderdale, FL 33307 ♦ www.CANAWM.org ̈ Email: email@example.com
Board of Directors
Paul J. Rolli, President ̈ Raymond Carrier, VP ̈
Fred Caplan, Treasurer ̈ Matthew Gill, Secretary ̈ Brent White, Director
CANA submitted a
letter to the City in support of the grant request for a TriRail
Coastal Link Rail plan.
by 18% in the first quarter of this year. CANA is the voice of the
people and membership helps strengthen the community and we strive to
keep the membership informed about quality of life issues. Members
receive information first via our email list. It is always better to
be informed earlier on major projects than to be in the “I wish I
knew about this earlier” category later in the game.
INITIATIVE NE 6th
CANA has begun the
process of collecting information on installing cross walks on NE 6th
Avenue in the area of NE 28th.
With the expected increase in traffic on NE 6th
Avenue due to the Walmart, narrowing of Wilton Drive and increased
density in surrounding areas, CANA wants to get an early start on the
process. If you are interested in supporting this initiative please
with your name and contact information. Your information will be
provided to the CANA coordinator.
NEXT MEETING MAY
Agenda will include
Central Area development updates.
- May 20 – Island City Canoe Race
- June 17 – Stonewall Parade & Festival
- November 13 – Taste of the Island Richardson Park
renew your membership by visiting www.CANAWM.org
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
meetings are scheduled for May 10, July 26 and Oct. 25, 2017 @ 7pm @
or visit us: www.canawm.org
J. Rolli, President -
Ray Carrier, Vice President -
Fred Caplan, Treasurer -
Matthew Gill, Secretary -
Brent White, Director
All meetings are held in the Hagen Park Community Center
at 7pm and Parking is Free!
Paul J. Rolli, President
Raymond Carrier, Vice President
Fred Caplan, Treasurer
Matthew Gill, Secretary
Brent White Directors